A A part of the Banana Pancake Path is a Laos and Vietnam. They’ve 6 shared borders you could enter if you’re visa-free or have legitimate Visa. When you can shortly get flights from Laos to Vietnam, many backpackers additionally like crossing borders. Right here, you’ll know learn how to journey by land from Laos to Vietnam.
Land Border Crossing is the most cost effective and most enjoyable technique to hop from one nation to a different. Not solely are you able to save half of the ticket costs, however you possibly can see totally different views and expertise extra tradition alongside the way in which. Our information will let you know learn how to get from well-known spots in Laos to those in Vietnam.
The Land Borders
Listed here are the land borders on which you’ll cross from Laos to Vietnam. Although Filipinos can keep visa-free in Vietnam for 21 days, most nationalities want an eVisa for Vietnam. Along with your Visa, you may also cross the next worldwide land borders:
- Bo Y
- Cha Lo
- Cau Treo
- Lao Bao – Dansavanh
- Nam Can
- Tay Trang
Vientiane to Hanoi
Be taught right here how one can journey from Laos’ capital to Vietnam’s.
- Experience a sleeper bus from Vientiane Southern Bus Station
- The buses depart at 5 PM
- Direct buses are operated by HTX Van Tai and The Sinh Vacationer
- Journey Time is 22 – 24 hours
- Price is about USD 30 – 40
- You’ll be stopping on the border (often Cau Treo) which opens at 7 AM
- You’ll be arriving at Hanoi Nuoc Ngam Station
Vientiane to Vinh
Vinh is the capital of Nghệ An Province, which is discovered within the north-center of Vietnam. From Laos, you possibly can make a cease right here earlier than going to different well-known cities like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh. You can too cease by Cu Lao seaside or Da Nang.
- Go to the bus station in Vientiane
- Experience a sleeper bus, often Saysamon Transports
- The ticket prices USD 20 – 25
- The schedule is each 7 PM every day
- It would take about 10 – 12 hours
Luang Prabang to Hanoi
Luang Prabang is one other well-known and most favourite spot of vacationers in Laos. Witness the Buddhist tradition in addition to their temples on this historic city. From right here, you possibly can journey to Hanoi.
- Go to the Malany Visitor Home (HTX Van Tai), Naluang Bus Terminal (Naluang), Northern Bus Terminal (The Sinh Vacationer)
- Experience the sleeper bus, the ticket prices USD 45 – 60
- The Naluang Bus departs each 6 PM
- It would take about 24 – 27 hours
Attapeu to Ngoc Hoi
If you’re within the southern a part of Laos, then the capital there may be Attapeu. You possibly can cross from Cambodia from right here and luxuriate in Don Det, 4000 Islands, or Pakse. It’s a less-traveled route, however you possibly can go from right here and take buses to achieve to Ho Chi Minh or Hoi An.
To the Border
- Experience a bus from Attapeu, Laos to Ngoc Hoi, Vietnam
- You’ll be crossing the Bo Y border
- This can take about 3 hours costing USD 20 – 30
From Ngoc Hoi
- You possibly can take buses from Ngoc Hoi to Ho Chi Minh or Hoi An
Journey Ideas to your Land journey from Laos to Vietnam
- The bus station is chaotic, don’t let go of your ticket or have copies till you get in your bus
- Some buses could haven’t bathroom; so chances are you’ll cease at just a few stations
- The temperature of the bus is tremendous chilly
- Carry snacks and purchase sufficient water throughout your journey, you could have restricted time throughout your journey, otherwise you may get hungry
- Carry money, and also you may must change your cash earlier than crossing borders or on the immigration space
- Put on snug garments throughout journey
- Test should you want a visa earlier than touring, for Vietnam, largely wants an Evisa to enter and cross borders
- Immigration Places of work are often open at 7 AM, so chances are you’ll must sleep on the bus on the border
- Be ready for individuals who take bribes within the immigration
Transportation Tip: When you’re on the lookout for the most cost effective technique to e book the Trains, Buses, Ferries, Transfers on this route, we use 12Go.Asia to check the costs!
I hope you’ll know learn how to journey by land from Laos to Vietnam due to this text. The journey might sound prolonged, however it’s going to be a memorable journey. When you don’t like the thought, you possibly can at all times take a airplane journey to Vietnam. Nonetheless, backpackers and people on a funds will take pleasure in this route. Hold secure and luxuriate in your travels!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
In regards to the Author
Hey, I’m Lyza! I as soon as was an individual who simply imagined going to locations “someday” however determined to pursue my desires. My first journey overseas was in Japan, solo, final 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to go to 10 nations earlier than turning 30 and a couple of new locations within the Philippines yearly. In addition to touring, I like organizing journeys, images, studying, and making new associates. Observe my adventures by my Instagram.