Is your B1/B2 US visa subject for renewal? Good news! You don’t need to go to the US Embassy to have an interview; instead, they have a program that will allow you to send your documents and receive a visa through 2GO. Learn how to renew your B1/B2 USA Visa through the Interview Waiver Program in this article.
A Non-immigrant visa that is under the Interview Waiver Program is the B1/B2 US Visa. Business or tourism is the usual purpose of a B1/B2 Visa. Please note that this article is for “renewal” of those visas only; for new applicants then you will have to schedule an interview.
Eligible for the Interview Waiver Program
You must be able to answer “yes” to all of the criteria below. If you answer “no” to one, then you may need an interview.
- Have a previous B1/B2 visa, and you wish to renew it
- B1/B2 visa was issued after July 1, 2007
- Your old visa was valid for a minimum of 5 years
- It expired within the last 12 months or is still valid
- You are Filipino
- No “Clearance Received” or “Travel with Employer” on your old visa
- You still have your passport with the B1/B2 visa
- The details on your old visa doesn’t need to be changed or corrected (e.g., name, gender, birthdate)
- Your visa was issued on or after your 14th birthday
- The last time you applied for a B1/B2 visa, you got approved
Requirements for Renewal of B1/B2 Visa
- Current Valid Passport
- DS – 160 Application Form
- Interview Waiver Confirmation Letter
- Old passport with previous B1/B2 Visa
- 2 pcs of 2×2 Colored Photo with white background, taken within the last 6 months
- Visa Fee – USD 160 in its peso equivalent
Step-by-Step Guide in Getting your B1/B2 Visa
STEP 1: Pay your visa application fee.
Through RCBC Bank:
Go to this link for instructions on how to pay as well as the Peso Equivalent of your payment. Print this slip. Please take note of the expiration date as you will have to reprint in case you pay beyond the date.
Proceed to the nearest RCBC Bank and pay the visa application fee. Don’t forget to get your copy as there is a receipt number there.
Through Online via PesoNet:
Click this link for instructions. Note that your reference number will be used in your application as well as added in the Account number.
STEP 2: Complete your DS-160 Form or the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application form. You can read the instructions here. Make sure your DS-160 Confirmation number is ready.
STEP 3: Create an account in the Registration Website.
You will need to have your DS-160 Confirmation Number as well as your payment reference number. Answer the details asked.
On STEP 7, you will be checked if you are eligible for the Interview Waiver Program.
Enter the address where your passport will be delivered.
Enter your receipt number.
If all are accepted, then you can print your Interview Waiver Confirmation Letter.
STEP 4: Prepare all documents needed for delivery. You can also include a copy of your receipt. Place them in a plastic envelope, so it’s safer.
STEP 5: Proceed to the nearest 2GO Branch. You can refer here to know the outlets or branches in your area. Avail the interview Waiver Service at 2GO; they will send it to the US Embassy on your behalf.
STEP 6: Wait for your passport with your visa, if approved, to be delivered back to the address you entered. Congratulations! You know have a renewed B1/B2 US Visa!
FAQs on Renewal of B1/B2 US Visa
1. How much is the Visa Fee?
The Visa Fee is USD 160, but you will pay in its peso equivalent. Please read this link to know more about the current exchange rate as well as the instructions.
2. Is the Visa Fee refundable?
No, once you have paid it, it is non-refundable.
3. I can’t go outside, can I pay online?
Yes, you can. However, this service is limited to several banks. You can check the link above if your bank is included as well as read the instructions?
4. Who are eligible for the interview waiver program?
Those who have a B1/B2 Visa and said “yes” to all that is stated above are eligible.
5. What if I answered “no” on a question above? (E.g. I lost my old passport with my B1/B2 Visa)
Then, you are not eligible for the interview waiver program. You will need to schedule an interview to have your visa renewed.
6. Will I be granted a visa automatically?
No, this program does not guarantee you a visa. There might be cases where you need to be interviewed.
Well, that’s the Interview Waiver Program for Renewal of B1/B2 USA Visas! It’s a very convenient program as you are able to skip that nerve-wracking interview and only go out when you are about to deliver your documents. For other visas, you can follow our blog and the US Embassy’s page for the latest updates. Keep safe!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!