After the WHO (World Health Organization) declared the rapidly spread coronavirus outbreak a pandemic. A fellow blogger and travel enthusiast, Thomas Salzano, suggests being patient in such times as the panic across the globe is certainly visible. The internet is full of reports related to coronavirus and the precautions that the doctors and the government are suggesting everyone to strictly follow which includes “staying away from crowded places.”
Coronavirus is a newly discovered type of virus that causes respiratory illness, which includes pneumonia with symptoms like the common cold, running nose, fever, sore throat, cough and difficulty in breathing.
The increase in the reported cases is increasing every second even after high precautions taken by the government:
Coronavirus Cases till the present date: 220,357
Data as per Country:
- Italy: 35,710 reported cases (at least 2,970 deaths)
- France: 9,130 cases (around 260 deaths)
- Spain: 14,760 cases (630 deaths)
- Germany: 12,300 cases (25 deaths)
- Switzerland: 3,110 cases (30 deaths)
The government has taken a few actions and shared the precaution methods to protect the people from getting infected from this deadly virus and has requested people:
- Maintain a social distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth because if you are contaminated your hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. It is suggested to follow good respiratory hygiene to avoid getting infected by the virus.
- If you have a high fever, cough, difficulty in breathing and fatigue seek medical care early
Governments Response to Coronavirus, COVID-19 that has caused a situation of panic among travelers:
The government authorities of almost every country have restricted traveling and public gatherings. The airports being the first target where the people traveling from other countries are being scanned for coronavirus symptoms, flights are being canceled, people are restricted to travel from one country to another, lockouts and cancellations of visas and events have increased after the massive outbreak of coronavirus.
The government has ordered the closure of cinemas, gymnasiums, shopping malls, swimming pools, pubs, coaching centers, schools, and colleges. A notice has been sent to offices that suggest work from home options which have again brought an increase in travel ratio. People are rushing back home, availing public transport, waiting at airports and bus stops hoping to reach back home safely.
This has resulted in a panic situation among travelers, even for those who are traveling in public transport daily. As you all may have realized that traveling cannot be avoided and you may be among those who are traveling may be out of emergence, work or health.
So here are some precautions shared by Thomas Salzano that you must take while traveling:
1. Consider other forms of transportation
After the spread of the deadly coronavirus, it is advisable to consider other forms of transportation other than public transport as the chances of being infected in crowded areas such as public transport is high. Prefer to travel through you private vehicles and avoid traveling to an extend
2. Keep your distance from people in a public place as you never know who is infected
It is important to be alert in public places especially in those countries where the existence of coronavirus is confirmed. Maintain a distance of 3 feet for people around you to minimize the chance of being infected.
3. Wear a mask; sanitize your hands as washing your hands again and again while traveling is not possible
It is advised by the doctors that those who feel that they are ill should wear a mask when traveling and are surrounded by other people. This reduces the chances of spreading the virus from the suspected or the infected person. Sanitize your hands again and again when you touch any object or person around you while traveling as watching your hands may not be feasible at times.
4. Corporate with the authorities at the Airport and other public areas that ask you to go through a precaution based scanning
You may find many medical officials at the airport or at other public transport areas asking you to get a regular checkup as a precaution. Do corporate with them and don’t be afraid of the painless scanning methods.
5. If you are traveling back from any country that is dealing with Coronavirus breakdown then avoid going to any public place at least for 14 days even if you have got a test done at the airport.
If you have recently traveled to or from any country that has reported cases of coronavirus then as a precaution it is suggested to get yourself checked twice, once when you are back for the infected country and the other checkup after 14 days from the day you returned home. Till then try and keep yourself isolated even if you notice no possible symptoms of coronavirus.
Travel bloggers like Thomas Salzano who have recently traveled back suggest that the best way to keep yourself and your family safe is to be aware of the symptoms and precautions to deal with such a sensitive issue. Just follow the precautions shared by the official authorities such as doctors, government bodies and research organizations.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!