Curious about Belgium? Want to travel there? Check out our guide for Filipinos about applying for Schengen Belgium Visa with your Philippines Passport.
Want to be in a foodie haven? Try Belgium – for chocolates, waffles, beer, and many more. With historical and scenic sites, you should not miss this on your Eurotrip. Don’t forget to have a shopping spree too!
If you really want to eat your heart out and enjoy this gorgeous country, here’s a guide on how to apply for Schengen Belgium Visa with your Philippine Passport.
Belgium Embassy in the Philippines
Belgium in the Philippines
Address: Multinational Bancorporation Center 9th floor, 6805 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1226 – NCR
Contact number: +63 2 8845 18 69 to 73
Email Address: [email protected]
Visa Application is at the VFS Center in Manila or Cebu rather than at the Embassy.
Who can apply for a Schengen Belgium Visa in the Philippines
- If you are only visiting Belgium, Luxembourg, or Slovenia in the Schengen Area;
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in Belgium the longest
- Or if your first entry is in Belgium and you’ll go other Schengen Countries in equal length
Main Requirements in Applying for a Schengen Belgium Visa for Tourists
You’ll need to have 2 sets – an original and a copy.
1. Schengen Visa Application Form – fill it up online
2. Valid Passport – valid for a minimum of 3 months after your end of stay
3. Passport copy – of the bio-page and pages with visas and stamps
4. 1 Passport-Sized Photo – with white background taken within the last 6 months
1. Roundtrip Airline ticket reservation – with passenger name and reservation number. You are not required to buy a ticket until a visa is granted. You can avail of our rent a flight service.
2. Travel Medical Insurance – valid for all Schengen countries at least EURO 30,000. AXA Schengen is highly recommended.
3. Financial Means of Applicant
4. Proof of Occupation
5. Proof of Accommodation – Hotel Confirmation or Hotel Voucher
6. Proof of Transportation – e.g., domestic flight, bus or train reservations
7. Travel Itinerary – Detailed day-to-day planned trip
How to Apply for Schengen Belgium Visa
STEP 1: Fill-in your visa application form on this website.
On the site:
1. Click ‘not yet registered.’
2. Provide your details for new user registration. Check your e-mail for a link and so that you can input a password.
3. Press “create a new electronic visa application form.”
4. Type details in the electronic visa application. Double-check before clicking “Submit.”
5. Check your e-mail as you will receive a confirmation with a PDF form of the application. Print and sign this form.
STEP 2: Gather the rest of the requirements required
STEP 3: Schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center of your choice. You can click this link.
Visa Application Center – Manila
Ground Flr., Ecoplaza Building
2305 Don Chino Roces Ave, Extension,
Makati, Metro Manila
Belgium Visa Application Center – Cebu
Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center
Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
STEP 4: On the day of your appointment, go to the Visa Application Center with your documents. Your picture and fingerprints will also be captured. Don’t forget to pay for the Visa Fee and VFS Service fee.
STEP 5: Wait for the decision. You will be contacted once a decision has been made.
STEP 6: Claim your passport at the VAC. You can also get it through the courier for an additional price.
Fee for Schengen Belgium Visa in the Philippines
VFS Service Fee: PHP 1,260 for the logistics fee
Visa Fee: EURO 80
For 6-12 years: EURO 40
Processing time: It is usually 15 days. However, the Embassy may take up to 45 days to process your application and may ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Schengen Belgium Visa
1. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
You can stay in Belgium and the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days for a 180 day period.
2. Is an interview mandatory?
It is not necessary. However, you may be called for an interview at the Embassy if they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
3. Should I submit a cover letter?
It is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended. A Cover Letter can help you explain your situation and circumstances to the Visa Officer.
4. Do I need to buy a plane ticket before my application?
No, you only need a confirmed booking with a PRN. Renting a flight is highly recommended; we have this service available.
5. What is the best insurance to use?
AXA Schengen is highly recommended. They will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved. No risk at all.
6. What if my visa gets rejected? What should I do?
You can file a Remonstrance Letter or file another application from another EU Embassy.
I hope you now know how to apply for a Schengen Belgium Visa. Busugin nyo sarili nyo sa masarap na pagkain at magandang tanawin. In case you need help with your visa application, you can get our visa application bundle service. Good luck!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!