If you’re not comfortable using a menstrual cup during your period, why not try its alternatives? These menstrual cup alternatives on our list would bring you so much comfort!
Period while traveling can be quite disturbing, annoying, uncomfortable, and difficult. Mostly, women travelers choose menstrual cups throughout their period, and this does not only ease baggage’s weight but also eco-friendly.
But, what if there are some women who can’t wear a menstrual cup? Or not familiar with how it works or doesn’t like it at all. Moreover, some locations in the world don’t provide or even too expensive to get sanitary pads or tampons. It is advisable to use an alternative that can be used by women, and we compiled 5 types of menstrual cup alternatives that can replace the functions of a menstrual cup and the not environmentally friendly sanitary pads and tampons.
Different Types of Menstrual Cup Alternatives That We Recommend
Pro’s and Con’s of Each Menstrual Cup Alternatives
- Comfortable, soft, and leakproof.
- Machine washable fabric.
- Bamboo charcoal helps to reduce odor and has high absorption.
- Beautiful designs.
- Heavy flow user-friendly.
- Didn’t come along with a waterproof mini wet bag.
- Bulky with 0.6-inch thickness.
- Available waist size from XS (24-25 inches) to XL (34 inches).
- Comfortable for yoga, gym, or daily use.
- Less bulky.
- Leakproof with wide area from front to back.
- Not supposed to dry using the dryer.
- For more passive activity.
- Soft as silk.
- Cheaper than tampons.
- Portable and great tampons alternatives.
- Easy to clean.
- The size can be too small for some women.
- Available in 3 different packs (24, 36, and 48 rolls).
- Use it only for emergencies.
- It needs a lot of gauzes since it has to be changed regularly.
- 4-layered leak-proof protection.
- Absorbs up to 20ml blood which equivalent to 2 tampons or 2 pantyliners.
- Available from tween size to plus size.
- Machine wash friendly at room temperature.
- Easy to clean.
- Use period underwear as a backup.
Even though it’s uncomfortable, it doesn’t mean a period can stop your adventure. You have to stay hydrated and don’t forget to pack your medicine. A period cramp can be really painful and irritating, so you need to prepare for this as well.
COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER:Many of the articles on Two Monkeys Travel Group are guest posts by a number of Approved Contributors and are hosted by Two Monkeys Travel Group. Approved Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. This includes all text and images that they use within their own work. All contributors are instructed to follow internationally recognised copyright and intellectual property guidelines. Two Monkeys Travel Group takes its own responsibilities very seriously, so if you feel that any part of this work is abusive in any way, please send us an email so that we can investigate – [email protected]
DISCLOSURE: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. So when you make a purchase we sometimes make a small commission, at no extra cost to you. The cost to you remains the same, sometimes even cheaper if we have negotiated a special deal for our readers.We use all of the companies we have listed here and that’s why they are in this list, but of course we need to keep Two Monkeys Travel Group running as well as it can, which is exactly what you’re helping with if you do decide to buy or book something through an affiliate link! If you have any more questions about the companies we use or any other companies you’re looking at, just email us and we’ll be happy to help.Please see our full disclaimer page for more information.